Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Phobia

Was happily gathering piles of organic chemistry notes and textbooks, making my way into the bedroom..when I noticed..a ROACH. A FREAKING CREEPY CRAWLY! In my room..MY ROOM!

For a moment or so, I just froze with fear, jaw hitting the ground. I was seriously on the verge of tears. That's how much I loathe and ultimately fear these creatures from hell. There was nothing else I could do at that point but to go get my mum to murder (would have preferred physically torturing that piece of crap, but that'll be gross) it.

To my utmost horror MY blanket was used as weapon to shoo it away! I mean wth was she thinking?

Anyways, that made the situation worse, as now I had no clue where it was. Charged out to get the insect spray, and sprayed like there was no tomorrow. Probably enough to wipe out the entire species. Haha the more the better.

After letting the air settle, I mustered every ounce of courage possible and climb into bed. One word to describe the condition after that would be-PARANOIA.

The brain is a sick organ. It reads certain fears and information, processes it; and messes up your entire response system. I could feel and literally see stuff that were not there. It was bordering hallucination, if you know what I mean.

There went studying and sleeping down the drain. I left the lights turned on and was on the lookout like some coastguard from Baywatch or something. Seeing I had no blanket to sleep with, had to make do with a dry new towel and a jacket to stay warm.

Towel and jacket for warmth, pillow thingy i've had since forever for comfort.

You guys must be thinking, "go to another room or the living room la"..thing is, my house is still kinda under renovation. Central air-condition not done, other rooms occupied. Besides the vast openness of the living room would only make more room for being paranoid.

So laying there not being able to concentrate and drowned in fear, I immediately thought of Melvin. He had a similar situation last year too haha. So I sent him a really long text. To my surprise, he called. Haha we talked for ages and as usual, random topics came about. Laughed a whole lot too, which took my mind off things for awhile. The dearest lifesaving best friend ever! Thank you!

By the time we hung up, it was around 3am. Was so physically exhausted yet hyper at the same time. Eventually I drifted off to sleep. And yes, with the lights still turned on. =)

For a similar and some what funny occurrence, Click Here to view Melvin's experience with a roach attack.

No comments: