Friday, June 26, 2009

Man in the mirror

First and foremost, Michael Jackson. A tribute to the legend, may he rest in peace.

classic
......................................

On a totally unrelated note, a few curious readers have asked how physiotherapy was like so here it goes.

After checking in, what I usually do is sterilise my hands. Next up would be the wax treatment which does hurt to a certain extent. Imagine putting your hand in hot boiling wax..7 times! As a matter of fact, that doesn't hurt as much as restricting movement to my extremity.

Anyway, I wait for it to return to normal temperature, leaving a slightly solid wax formation. All this while being enclosed in a..err bag if you'd like to call it that. Every time without fail, my ever so sensitive skin reacts to the situation by forming red splotches/patches all over. They usually last only a few hours so no harm done.

the weird bag thing. notice the book? haha essentials at the hospital

the beginning of my red patch

Ultrasound therapy would be next. Don't give me the wth look and no I do not have a baby or anything along that line haha. The ultrasound machine produces high frequency sound waves that are directed to the sore area. Passing through the tissues, these waves vibrate molecules, that causes both friction and warmth. This is thought to promote healing.

ultrasound machine to the left, wax boiler to the extreme right

Following all that huha would be strength measurements and game time. Game time as in exercises and several techniques used to regain motion and strength.

plasticine, dumbbells and so on

The nice thing about physiotherapy is that you get to meet a lot people and form some sort of a club with the usuals. I must add though, that I am usually one of the youngest ones there haha.

the hallway..

looks like a gym, no?

No comments: